Saturday, April 18, 2009

weekend rambles

Thanks to Kat, a fellow teacher and friend at school, I'm proud to report I ate a whole bowl of Mac N Cheese today! I then ate the last of the Doritos that Mom sent a couple of weeks ago. I'm now stuffed to the max! I'm still feeling pretty bad with this bug, but finally I got so hungry that I woke up from a nap this afternoon actually thinking about food, which I haven't done all week. It was soooo yummy, and hopefully this means I'm on the road to recovery. Doritos may not be the most nutritious snack, but whatever it takes. Unfortunately, this is gonna be another healing weekend for me because I have to be better by next weekend when we leave for Tokyo. I'm trying to plan out what we are going to be doing so that we dont waste time when we get there, but we may end of doing a couple of guided tours if it's really hard to navigate.
On another note I got my haircut this morning. It was supposed to be just a trim, but in true Korean fashion, the woman proceeded to take oooo probably 4 inches off of my hair. I dont really care because I still have quite a bit of length, but I showed her with my hair and fingers that I wanted only the ends barley snipped. What if I did care? I guess it wouldn't have made a difference because that same 4 inches of hair would be laying on the floor in her shop. So, I guess it's good that it really didn't make a bit of difference to me :)

Lastly, I was tagged by Jacki at http://countingmyabundantblessings.blogspot.com/. I'm suppose to list a few details about myself for all my readers. Here goes:

**8 Things I'm Looking Forward To**
1. being reunited with family and friends in August (that alone is way more than 8)

2. summer days at the beach

3. taking the longest bubble bath in my life once I'm home

4. driving my car down the boulevard (let's hope I still remember how to drive)

5. Tokyo trip

6. sleeping in my nice and comfy bed

7. going back to school (MBA program at Murray State upon returning home...more details later)

8. good ole American food


**8 Things I Did Yesterday**
1. took jeans to a seamstress

2. secretly drank coffee and pretended it was tea (Chris gets mad if I drink coffee while I'm sick!)

3. called a friend but didn't get an answer (Brooke Riley....answer your phone!)

4. mad one of my students cry

5. ate cabbage like Mamaw makes it

6. listened to the same song on my ipod like 12 times

7. talked to Mama on skype

8. blew my nose so many times that I still look like Rudolph today


**8 Things I Wish I Could Do**
1. have a positive attitude all the time

2. speak Korean

3. go get Toll House chocolate chip cookie dough out of my fridge

4. spend as much time with Cullen as I do with the kids at school

5. have a conversation with Jesus in flesh and blood

6. teleport home for a day or so

7. always say "at least I tried"

8. grow about 3 inches taller :)

I thought that this was fun, and something that you all might find entertaining! I was suppose to do 8 TV shows I watch, but I don't watch 8 different shows!

No comments: