Monday, April 20, 2009

"So, here's the deal" :)

Well, I think I kind of let the cat out of the bag in my last blog! I finally have a plan for my life when I get back to the states in August. I'm truly excited about everything that is to come, and with that being said...DUN DUN DUN...I'm going back to school!


I'm gonna be attending Murray State in August. I'll be getting my Master's in Business Administration. I have to be honest, I was a little torn between two loves, but I've decided I'm just gonna have to go with my gut on this one. My first love will always be UK. You see, I'll be true to the C-A-T-S for the rest of my life. I'm extremely proud of my Alma mater, and my blood....well, it will always be BLUE. However, I've been away from home for right at 9 months now, and when I return, I actually wanna be close to home. I want to be able to make frequent trips and spend lots of time with my family and friends in Western Kentucky because I really haven't spent much time there in the past 3 years. I guess home really is still where my heart is, and for now, I think I wanna be close!

In addition to going to school, I will also be working as a graduate assistant for the Dean of the MBA program. He offered me this position after becoming acquainted via email, and honestly this was one of the deciding factors! I did not want to go back to school without any source of income, and though this will not give me a lot, it should provide me with everything I need. My job will consist of many different things, but the bulk of my time will be devoted to research in business development, economics and educational systems in under developed areas in Africa. When I first found out that the job would consist of a lot of research, I was really turned off. Then, I found out that the research was in an area that I am extremely interested. I think it was at that point that I realized God was saying, "Go for it, Am!"
I'm not really sure what the future will hold, but the plan is to live and attend school in Murray for about a year. Getting through the program shouldn't take too long, and then from there we'll just wait and see where life takes me! The past couple of months I have really struggled with what I should do when my contract ends in August, but my prayers were answered all in a couple of emails. It's really awesome how things always seem to just fall into place, even when it seems like you have no clue what the next step should be.

I hope you all know how much you mean to me and just how much I appreciate your love, support and prayers! Now, get excited because I'm coming home for at least a year. And just to prove my faithfulness...


I dont care how bad of a basketball season we've had ...they're still my CATS!!!

2 comments:

Jacki said...

OMG!! I'M SOOOOOO EXCITED!
And a bit selfish too....I've really been missing you and Chris! Is he comming home too?

Twists N Turns of Fate said...

Chris isn't sure what he's going to do yet. There is still a chance that he may come back over here to work fo the public school system. I'll be sure to let you know when he figures out what he's doing. We miss you too!!!