Thursday, April 23, 2009

packed, pumped and ready to race

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are off to Tokyo! Everything is packed and we are ready to go. I'm taking my computer, so maybe I'll get in a quick blog at some point on the trip. If not, I am sure to inform you of how everything goes when we return. I have the camera ready to go and a couple of batteries charged. Hopefully, we'll get some great pics to share with you, too!
I'm a little nervous because I called the hotel to confirm our reservations, and it took somewhere between 20 and 30 minutes. The problem was that I had to give the man my name, so I obviously had to spell it out. I would say "A-M." He would say "A-N".... no "A-M like man!" Finally, when we got past the M, the B sounded like a D, as did the E. UGGHH...Chris just sat there and laughed at me. I'm sure this took longer than it actually took me to learn to spell my name as a child. We may be in for a very confusing vacation. Chris has left all of the planning up to me, saying, "I don't care what we do. We can do whatever you want!" Yeah, more like he knew it was gonna be difficult, and he didn't want to deal with it! Anyway, here's a little preview of the subway system that we are going to be trying to navigate. This is the very simplified version because I couldn't get the detailed one to upload correctly. If you ask me it looks like one big maze. If I can get us around Tokyo, then maybe it's time for me to start thinking about The Amazing Race!

No comments: