Saturday, March 14, 2009

White Day

Ok...for those of you who despise Valentines Day, you would hate this country. There are 4 different holidays dedicated to romantic relationships in this country. There's Pepero Day; this is when couples give each other pokey sticks. A pokey stick is a cookie stick dipped in chocolate, and they're very tasty. They also celebrate normal Valentines Day on Feb 14th, but in Korea, only girls give guys gifts and such on this day. Then, there's White Day, which is today...Happy White Day!!! This is the day when guys are suppose to do something special for the ladies. We'll see if Chris goes all out for White Day. I'm guessing not, we both think it's crazy that there are so many love holidays. The last of these days is actually called Black Day, and it's the funniest to me. This day is for those people who are single. It's a "screw you, Love" kind of day, hence the name "Black Day." Anyway, at school yesterday, I got a number of gifts, mainly candy and a rose, from a couple of different male students. It was so cute and funny at the same time because it was so obvious that they hated to give me something for fear of what there peers might think. Their mothers were clearly the ones behind the thoughtfulness of the gift, way too cute!!! I had to get a picture of one of my favorite students, Ed, as he presented me with his gift. He was so embarrassed, and the picture made it worse. Oh well, I couldn't help it!

No comments: