Saturday, March 14, 2009

Only in Korea

How in the world do the weekends go by so fast when those weekdays drag by so slow? I guess I shouldn't complain, but it's a bit sad to be so close to Monday again... ah well. It was a good weekend, but not a lot of news to report. We did the usual: went out to eat, shopped a bit, and I finally got to redeem my free coffee at my favorite coffee shop!!! I know, it's sad that a free coffee was the highlight of my weekend:)

We were on the verge of a little more excitement. Yesterday, Chris went looking for his long lost friend. Remember when I posted the picture of the dog that he wanted so badly to make his own? Well, we were back in that same area, and Chris decided he would go try to find the dog. There was a gate that was closed half way, and it was behind this gate that we had seen the dog the last time. So, Chris opened the gate and walked down beside this florist. I tried to warn him to come on, but you know how men are; he didn't listen to me! Just then, the owner of the florist came running out of the shop and started screaming Korean. Once the angry Korean man saw Chris's face (from the back he is often mistaken for a large native), he kinda laughed a little. Then he took his cell phone out of his pocket and without dialing a number said, "Police, police." This was followed up by the man throwing his arms up as if he were holding a shotgun and firing at Chris. It was a bit humorous, and the funniest part was Chris turning bright red and bowing to the man in attempts to express his regret for invading the man's personal space.

That's the best I've got for now :) I promise to bring you all more interesting news as soon as the weather is nice and we can get out and explore. For the time being, you're stuck with the simple stories of our everyday lives and occasional "Only in Korea" stories!

No comments: