Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sally sells seashells by the seashore...


Oh...what a weekend!!! The weather has been nice and there's a hint of spring in our parts of Korea. Thus, the beach was calling our names! We made our way to Busan and enjoyed ourselves very much. A couple of hours were spent just relaxing at the beach, and then made our way through the food stalls right behind the water. We were really tempted to eat lobster at one of these little places, and we'll definitely go back soon to follow through. However, all week long we had talked about a certain Mexican restaurant that we were gonna visit but ...when it came down to it, we changed our minds :) The place we had planned on going looked more like a bar than a restaurant, and we were really in the mood for a hearty meal. I'm sure we will end up going there at some point because Mexican does still sound amazing, but this weekend we ended up eating Turkish again. We really love Turkish food! Chris is a fan because Turkey is in such close proximity to Greece, and me, well...I just love all food in general. Not to mention, the quality of lamb seems to be better than the quality of beef in Korea.
Busan is nice because the city is about 3 times as big as Ulsan and has many more options for food and entertainment. There are also a lot of foreigners in Busan, which is kind of nice, but very different considering we are no longer use to seeing many people that resemble us. The best part about Busan is the beach!!! I'm such a beach bum, and I can't wait until the weather is nice enough to lay on the beach and get in the water. Speaking of which, Chris made a friend on the beach that called himself "the Korean Jay Leno." He was pretty much crazy. At first, I didn't know what to think of this man, and then he referred to me as a "foxy babe" and Chris as a "boyish Hugh Grant." I mean seriously, what the heck do you say to that? Finally, I realized that he was trying to get a reaction out of us when he told us that, "Making love to a mermaid is no fun." What...did I hear this man correctly? Yes, judging by the look on Chris's face, I had heard him word for word. I just went with it....I think I laughed more during this 30 minute conversation than I have in a very long time. I had to take a picture, not that I would ever in a million years forget this man, even if I tried. Naturally, Chris threw up the peace sign because this is what so many people do when they take pictures in Asia, and Jay says, "What the heck does that mean...VICTORY?" O wow...I still don't know what to think of this man!!! I'll let you be the judge :)

By the end of the night we were absolutely exhausted. We made our way back to where we take the direct bus home, and we saw our bus pulling away. Chris thought he was gonna be the hero of the story, and so he jumps off the curb and almost out in front of the bus. We see Koreans do this all the time, and it never works for them! I'm not sure why he thought it was gonna work for him. I almost had a heart attack thinking he was gonna get hit by the bus, as the bus driver honks his horn and keeps driving. Thankfully, we look up and saw another bus sitting there waiting for us to hop on and take our seats. Usually at night they turn the lights off, but for some reason, this bus driver left the lights on all the way home. Whatever...I already get stared at everywhere I go. Why not wear my sunglasses at night?

No comments: