Saturday, November 8, 2008

Late's better than never :)

Yes, I know it's a little late, but the Halloween festivities at our school were so much fun that I couldn't resist. Koreans don't really celebrate Halloween in general, but at most of the English academies the celebration is over the top. I guess since Halloween is so much fun for children they feel that it's nice to let the kids get in on the fun. Our entire day was filled with all kinds of different skits and presentations from the kids. Some kids sang, others danced or did short plays, and a few even shared instrumentals. It was so much fun to watch all our little Korean rug rats in the lime light. Chris, myself, and Kat (the new foreign teacher at our school) were all judges. We had to pick a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for each age group. It was so hard not to be partial to all of our favorites in class. After the programs each group of kids got to go trick or treating at the local businesses. It was such a fun day and a nice change from our typical day.

More recently, we've done absolutely nothing!!! This is due to the fact that I have been sick for about two weeks now. This past week I finally broke down and went to the doctor, but unfortunately I think I waited a little too late. I didn't have a voice for most of the week. Thankfully, Chris was able to teach a nice portion of my classes for me. It's extremely difficult to teach children when you can't speak. This past weekend, I pretty much didn't leave the couch. I'm feeling quite a bit better, but I'm going back to the doctor today so that I can get one more round of antibiotics which will hopefully bring me up to par!!! I'm so extremely tired
of soup and orange juice at this point I just want some real food...even if it is Korean food.

That's all I've got for now...

Am :)

No comments: