Thursday, November 27, 2008

gobble gobble

HAPPY THANKSGIVING USA!!! Unfortunately, Thanksgiving doesn't exist in Korea since it's a US thing. It really isn't real to us the holidays are actually here because it's just not the same as being home with family. I've decided that the holiday season is more of a state of mind that we put ourselves in when the weather begins to change, the fall colors come out, we start planning get togethers and of course when we start seeing the Christmas decorations go up.
Fortunately, we have met some wonderful people while here. So, we did get to celebrate Thanksgiving. All the foreign teachers got together. We made true western Thanksgiving dishes, and we even had an outrageously priced turkey shipped here from the US. It was awesome to have a nice meal that seemed so familiar and reminded me of all you back home. I think spending this time away during this holiday season will forever change extent to which I am thankful for my wonderful friends and amazing family for every other holiday that I get to spend back at home! Chris and I are already trying to plan a way that we can be sure to be home for the holidays next year even if we decide to spend another year outside of the US. I forgot my camera on Thanksgiving, so I'm waiting for someone to tag pictures and then I'll try to put some up.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
Am :)

No comments: