Monday, October 6, 2008

BIRTHDAY WEEK

Sorry, I haven't had much time to write :(

Someone very special once introduced me to the idea of "Birthday Week." That's exactly what I would call this week. Chris came first. Then Mom's 50th followed up on the 6th, and Mamaw's 90th was the 7th.

Chris was actually sick on his birthday, so we didn't end up doing a whole lot. We had the day off of work; so we ate at our favorite restaurant. Then we made a trip to the open market where we bought some squid, which was amazing!!! I got Chris a new sweater that he can wear over tee shirts and polos during the fall, and I surprised him with a homeade New York Style Cheesecake. It actually turned out really well :) That was the extent of the actual birthday, but we did end up doing dinner with some friends on Sunday night, once Chris felt better. And we really enjoyed the Korean style meal! Maybe we're getting use to things over here.

Mom's 50th birthday was celebrated with a surprise party at the house!!! Since she had no clue she obviously didn't warn me about the audience that we would have for our birthday call. This wouldn't matter if I was simply calling, but because we use Skype, there's no way to hide the fact that I role out of bed and call mom immediately to make sure and catch her before bed time back home. Yes, imagine waking up, and five minutes later being greeted by your entire extended family whom you haven't seen in some time. Scott's brother, Steve ,who has a personality fitting for a brother of Scott ;) said, "You aren't getting your beauty rest over there, are you?" O the joy of never knowing who will be on the other end of the webcam!

Mamaw also bad a birthday this week, and it was a big one for her. She turned 90 years old on the 7th. The fam celebrated her birthday on Sunday. They all surprised her by showing up at church and donating some things in her name and then doing lunch afterwards at DOTS. Happy Birthday Mamaw!!!

Too bad I couldn't be home for the celebrations. Even though things are great over here it's special times like these that make me miss home and most of all, my friends and family. Miss you all greatly!!!!

Am :)

ps I promise to get some pics up soon!

2 comments:

Baby Makes Four said...

I miss you and our life together :)

Anonymous said...

ash.rumsey@gmail.com