Sunday, September 28, 2008

just the usual

This week has been an ordinary week. We didn't really do anything too exciting. The news in the classroom is that the kids kept bringing baby chicks to class...yes, real baby chickens. I have no clue why our students think it's ok to bring a baby chicken to class with them, but for some reason it was acceptable to everyone except Chris and myself. The director of our school even took some time out of his busy day to come up with a cardboard box for one of the students to keep her baby chicken in. Chris, had a class that actually thought they should play with their chicken in the classroom. After about 10 minutes of complete chaos he decided to go find a Korean teacher to help settle his class down. When he returned with a fellow teacher all the students were quietly seated and ready to learn, and there was no chicken in sight. Chris then proceeded to question the students as to what they had done with this sweet little animal. They all pointed to his desk where a book sat on top of his clear zipper binder (where we keep all class documents). He picked up the book, and there sat the poor little chicken all zipped up inside his binder. Oooo the joy of our Korean kidos!!!

This weekend was also low key. We opted to just hang out on our hall...we feel as though we're living in a dorm due to the fact that we live right down the hall from each other :) And then on Saturday evening we made a trip to the Lotte Market, a grocery store on the other side of town that has more options than our neighborhood store. We did our shopping and then separated for a while so I could get a little secret shopping of my own done. I bought a spring form pan because I'm going to attempt to make a cheesecake for Chris's birthday, this coming Friday!!! And I don't mean the little thin pie size cheesecake, I'm gonna attempt the real deal 3 inch thick New York Style Cheesecake. I know, it's probably crazy considering we're in Korea and a don't even have an electric mixer, but who knows maybe it will turn out great, cross your fingers for me, but Shhh....don't tell him, it's a secret. Let's hope that he doesn't decide to visit the blog this week.

The only other news is that I got my teeth cleaned today!!! It was an interesting experience. They covered my eyes up which was kinda creepy, but all in all it was the same as back home. I walked away with that same fresh and clean feeling, and I paid a lot less :)

Not much more to talk about for now.

Love you all and miss you greatly,

Am :)