Monday, July 13, 2009

Good for the SEOUL

This weekend we took a much needed trip to Seoul. The city is quite impressive, and we greatly appreciated the cultural diversity that we experienced while there. We met quite a few people from many different areas of the world on our short visit. We also indulged in a variety of different ethnic foods! We had Greek, Arabian, Italian and of course some good old ole Western cuisine ^^so tasty^^ We're trying to quickly pack on some pounds in the final weeks of our stay in Korea, while hitting up all of our favorite restaurants. We made our way around Seoul and saw a majority of the famous sights in a matter of 48 hrs. and were completely exhausted as a result. We only messed up on the subway once, which ended with the lights going off and the very nice subway operator returning us to the station that we were suppose to exit at...oppps! You all are probably not familiar with all of the Seoul hot spots, as I was not before living in Korea, but we visited the Namdaemun Market, Insadong, Itaewon, Gyeongbokgung Palace, 63 building (to see views of the city lights by night) and Seoul Tower (for the views during the day). It was truly a rushed trip, but we beat the rain and got in all of our "must sees" in before the monsoon came! On Sunday, it rained and the wind blew like crazy. I did not pack appropriately, and unfortunately I only had a little sun dress to wear that ended up blowing around and showing my booty to a group of foreign guys^^way embarrassing^^ I'm sure everyone around me found it very entertaining that I was a weird dance in order to try and keep my dress down and my umbrella over my head, but it was quite stressful for me! We ended up eating a nice lunch, and then doing a little souvenir shopping before we headed back to Ulsan. We slept the better part of the bus ride back because we were worn out!!! More pics to coming soon.

No comments: