Friday, June 12, 2009

US Bound Wish List

As you all know from many past posts, things are a little different in Korea than at home. I can't say that I have truly been deprived of anything that I've needed. However, there have been so many things that I have wanted but I just haven't bought because of the inconvenience of shipping from the US to Korea and then having to worry about transporting back once the time comes to head home. I have bought as little as possible in Korea as well because I just know that there will be an urge to buy many things once I'm back home. I'm in the process of creating a wish list, but I'm trying to be reasonable at the same time. I periodically find myself browsing different websites trying to figure out what it is that I'm just dying to spend money on once I get home. Today's post is very superficial, but I can't help it! I'm getting pretty pumped about the things that I haven't got to do or buy while living in Korealand. Here's a glimpse of some of the things on my US Bound Wish List:

  1. eyebrow waxing--not happened all year due to language barrier




  2. phone--I would love to have an iPhone, but I think I may have to stick to Verizon as my carrier. So, I don't know if that's gonna be possible???



  3. tires--I know this seems out of place on my list, but my car honestly needed new tires before I left home. I put it off because I knew it wouldn't be going anywhere all year, but it's probably unsafe to drive at this point!




  4. swimsuit--Victoria's Secret swimsuits are the greatest! Actually, I think it may be the models that really make the them look so good. Who doesn't wanna look like that on the beach!



  5. perfume--I brought one bottle with me. I loved Very Sexy before coming here, but after a yr of the same smell...HATE IT! Nothing personal if you love that stuff.



  6. quality mascara--I'm not an eye make-up person for the most part, but I bought some mascara here. It looks great for the first 30 minutes, but after that I always regret having used it...eww!




  7. clothes--I know this is very general, but I've been wearing the same things over and over so much that I could never look at any of it again! I really don't know what's "in" right now, but I can't wait to get home and walk through a mall!




  8. heels--My height has always warranted heels for almost any occasion. Teaching is completely different! teaching+walking a lot=short Amber :) I can't wait to throw on a cute pair of heels with jeans. Which leads me to my next item...




  9. jeans--All of my jeans are torn at the bottom because they drag the ground since I wear flats all the time. I may splurge for True Religion. I've always wanted them, but just never wanted to drop the money. Either way, I can't wait to get new jeans...I don't think it will really matter what brand they are!!!



  10. collision doritos--buffalo and blue cheese to be more specific! O man, I've had dreams about those chips


  11. whitening toothpaste--I think my teeth have gotten yellow in Korea. Probably all the coffee I drink to keep me going at school.



  12. watch-- I've never really been a die hard watch fan, but for some reason I find myself looking at them all the time. I know the yellow isn't that practical, but I just love it!




* Disclaimer* I'm extremely aware of the difficult financial times going on in the US and the world, and this post is only a reflection of my excitement for things that I have missed over the past year :)

No comments: