Friday, March 6, 2009

a new discovery after a very bad day...


Well, I'm not going to put you all through the misery of all the details from my awful day at school. I will just say, there were tears and if Chris had not been around to calm me down I would probably be on a plane back to the US right this minute. Anyway, after a long day I refused to cook so we ate out at the restaurant in the building where we live. Afterwards we made our way up to the 17th floor because I had been wondering if our building had roof access. Chris swore that there was no way there would be access to the roof on the 17th floor, but I am pleased to announce that HE WAS WRONG! In fact, there's a sky park up there. We have lived here for 7 months now and we've just discovered this...where have we been? I don't think anything could have possibly made me happier after such a grueling day. As you can imagine, the city is ver polluted, and the air seemed so much cleaner from 17 stories high. Chris was not quite as enthused about the sky park as I was. He has an extreme fear of heights; so being up there made him a little nervous. How I ever convinced him to skydive is beyond me!!! I took a few pics from up there...so the pictures are of Muego Dong...the area of Ulsan where we live. After our little adventure to the sky park, we made our way to Paris Baguette (a Korean chain bakery/coffee shop that just opened up across the street). We got a couple of desserts and then we walked home, only to turn around and go back for more cream puffs...these things are so stinkin good!!! There are two sitting in the fridge right now that are tempting me oooo so badly. I'm trying to resist because Chris said we should take them downstairs to the little old woman and man who own the restaurant that we ate at, but I'm thinking that they sound really good as an encore to the 2 bowls of Special K I just finished!!!!

Well, I'm out for now, but I'll try to update you all on what the weekend holds. Happy Saturday!!!

~Am

No comments: