Tuesday, July 28, 2009

the final chapter

I honestly doubted at times that I would make it to this night, and as you can see from this picture Chris most certainly doubted he would make it!!! So, I'm sitting at my computer looking out over a messy, rainy Ulsan with only 1 more day left to teach. You honestly cannot imagine the emotions that I'm feeling right now. Oddly enough, I'm really nervous. I'm not really sure why I'm nervous...can't pin point it...but I feel it.
We had the first round of goodbyes today. It was a little emotional, but I think I had prepared myself pretty well! The kids were sweet! Of course, some of them were really happy to say goodbye, and I'm not gonna lie I was very happy to finish up with some of my little trouble makers, too.
Over the weekend, we hit up the last of our favorite spots in Ulsan, and we even made it to the beach again. I laid out in the sun for the first time in over a year, but Chris got really bored. So, we didn't stay out for very long. Probably best, cause I'm sure my pasty white skin probably couldn't have taken much sun! One of my students said to me today, "Teacher, your face has a tan, but your arms and legs are so white!" They don't hold anything back. It's definitely a humbling experience to work with children because they're just so honest :)
Thank you all so much for all of your love and support over the past year! Your cards, emails, care packages, voices, faces and prayers have carried me through this journey! I love you all more than you will ever know, and I appreciate you, friends and family, more now than ever before!
I'm off to finish up some packing and cleaning. I'll try to post again before leaving, but if not, I will see you all soon. I won't have a phone. So, if you want to get in contact with me either email or call my parents house or Mom's phone...I'm sure she won't mind!

1 comment:

Baby Makes Four said...

Amber! This is sooo exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!