Sunday, March 29, 2009

Here's to Productivity

Wow, it has been an extremely productive weekend! I'm not really sure how that happened. I had no intentions of being productive this weekend; I figured it be like every other weekend.

Yesterday, we were gonna go skating because one of our students told us this was the last week we could ice skate in Ulsan. However, we ended up going to the open market, and buying a lot of food and then coming back, cooking and watching TV. Normally, I don't relax well. I have a tendency to get bored and need something to do. I guess there was quite a bit that I needed to do around the house that I hadn't realized. I started looking over my resume and I made some adjustments and updates to it. I think I'm going to start sending it out to some personal contacts pretty soon, and in the next few months, I'll actually start sending it to businesses. We still have a while left in Korea, and I'm really not sure which direction I will go in once I get home. However, I'm trying to start thinking about my options. I'm also seriously considering pursuing my master's in business. It's just that the job market is pretty rough right now; so, I know that it would be advantageous to go on and get my MBA while the economy is in bad shape. That being said, I went on and started the application process in case I decide to go that route. The downside of starting school is that I won't have any time to adjust to being back in the states. The program would start a few days after my plane lands in the US! I'm sure this would make my life very stressful in the beginning, but it would cut down on the "downtime" of the transition. I'm pretty sure I've asked before, but I will ask again: Please, please, please say a little prayer for me if you think about it, as I have a hard time when it comes to these kinds of decisions!!!

On a different note, I'm sitting at the computer, drinking my tea and blogging in a nice clean house!!! I spent all afternoon cleaning. I hate cleaning, but I love a clean house! Solution...hire a full time maid-- I'm not gonna lie, if I ever get rich I'll pay someone really, really well (because I know it's a hard job and not fun for anyone) to clean my house. Unfortunately, I don't see that scenario becoming my reality anytime soon...darn :) Either way, it's extremely satisfying to be in a tidy habitat! I'm off to do a little more laundry...I'm washing my sheets! Don't you just love that first night of clean sheets....AMAZING!!! I miss being a kid and having those nice clean sheets without the effort of having done them myself:) Thanks Mom, you really are the greatest, and I mean it!!!

P.S. I also tried to spice up my blog a little bit, hope you like it. The pictures are some of my favorite things about Korea!!!

No comments: