Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas comes to Korea!!!

Christmas is just around the corner, and we are anticipating a different kind of Christmas than we're use to. As I've mentioned before, it doesn't feel the same as being home during the Holidays, but Christmas time has finally made it's way to Korea!!! The decorations are now up and the Christmas music is blaring everywhere we go. We're still going back and forth about what we will do. It's so weird to try and come up with something to do on Christmas instead of visitng with family. This is our tentative schedule as of now. Our Christmas celebration will kick off on Christmas Eve with a program at school. We do work on Christmas Eve, but the day will be filled with Christmas cheer as our students entertain us by singing traditional Christmas songs with their little Korean accents. Then after we get off of work Chris and I are going to start our own little tradition of making a Pumpkin Pie together!!! For the main event, Christmas day, I think we are going to have lunch at a really nice restuarant. We've also thought about having massages done somewhere. It would be soooo amazing to get a good deep tissue massage. Have I mentioned that the beds here are so hard that my legs fall asleep every night...ridiculous!!! Christmas night there's a special service at church that we're going to attend. Which I'm sure will be followed up by some kind of dinner with friends. Friday, the 26th will be back to work, but again this will probably be mainly a fun day for the kids to show off their new Christmas presents! That night after work we have a Christmas party with some of the other foreign teachers and some Korean friends. That's pretty much what we have planned for now, but who knows how it might change. Sounds like were gonna be pretty busy, but the week following Christmas is vacation, so we'll have plenty of time to rest up!!! I'm trying to convince Chris that we should go to the nicest hotel in town for a day just so I can soak in a tub for hours upon hours and get my bath fix in...boy do I miss my bath!!!


No comments: